Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Lens

I've waited for this moment to get my new lens, 35mm/1.8g and it's finally here! My camera isn't that great (Nikon D40x) so I opted for lens that works best for my camera and from which I can use on a daily-photography-basis.
I went to browse this website called B&H to check out some of the finest if not prime lens that would fit my very limited budget and here's what I found...I was leaning towards getting the 50mm 1.8g over the 35mm so I inquired which one to get for now, and here's what I needed to hear:
"The 2 lenses have 2 major differences.
1) focal length, the 35 is wider than the 50. On your camera, the 35 would be considered a "normal" lens, the 50 would be slightly telephoto and would be best for portraits.
2) the 50 is an FX model lens and should you in the future move up to a more advanced camera with a larger full frame sensor the 50 would work. The 35 will only work on cameras with the smaller APS-C size sensor similar to your D40X.
Both are excellent."

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens
nikon lens

...and so it is!


I'm even more than a happy picture-taker! (^^,)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a lot of fun with this lens... it looks like a great one.

    ReplyDelete

God bless you for dropping by and dropping a line or two!